Friday, April 30, 2010

Concept videos of augmented reality gaming

Two of the things that I like most are games and technology. Projects that combine the two in innovative ways are incredibly interesting. What follows are a series of videos that show the augmented reality concept being applied to games, allowing tangible items to have an interface in a video game.

For more info, feel free to visit the augmented reality toys section of Frantz Lasorme's website.





His website also has a wonderful presentation about the merits of tangible toys versus video games (and the potential synergy between the two), which I will also embed here. If there is any interest, I will translate the slides to English:



A big shout-out to Frantz, who lives in Nantes, France, as I spent a semester in Nantes while I was in college, and I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the area. Votre technologie est vraiment formidable, Monsieur Lasorne. Bravo.

No comments:

Post a Comment