Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Raspberry Pi and ARM Linux Devices - NEWLUG - July 2012

I recently gave a presentation about the Raspberry Pi.  I had received it in the mail the day before this presentation, so I hadn't even booted it up yet, but I was excited enough to tell others about it, as well as other Linux hardware projects that rely on ARM hardware.
The video is here:

If you are interested in some of the devices I mentioned, I'd suggest taking a look at this excellent compendium of small Linux devices by Raymii.org. As well, here are some pictures of my Raspberry Pi booting Debian Linux. I was unable to get it working at the meeting because I wrote the image to the SD card's partition instead of the device itself.


When writing an image to a SD card, here is a good rule of thumb:
If your device name has a number in it, you're probably doing it wrong. 
Take it from someone with experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment