Sunday, August 2, 2009

SUSE Studio officially launched! Hooray!

If you've read the title, you probably guessed that Novell recently launched SUSE Studio officially. Well, you're right! The press release is here.

They've also released a very comprehensive press kit for SUSE Studio and the SUSE Appliance Program to provide a great deal of information about the services and their features. This should provide me with quite a bit of reading in the near future.

Cornelius Schumacher's blog also describes the SUSE Studio launch process in detail. While you are there, feel free to check out the rest of his blog. He seems like an interesting guy to follow.

I've been very impressed with SUSE Studio so far. It is an impressive online build service. I continue to use it for several builds that I am planning, and it has been working very well so far.

One feature that I would like to see implemented: MD5 sums! SUSE Studio has yet to implement the ability to check MD5sums of the created appliances before downloading them, so that downloads can be verified before deployment. I assume that they will implement this feature shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment